1847 CLASSIC in PowerBender-Tuning - All draw notes bend everywhere, holes 1-10!
The 1847 CLASSIC PowerBender, a harmonica, that impresses from innovation but nevertheless fits all traditional demands - a master's instrument for maximum ambitions.
Super airtight design and SEYDEL's unique Stainless Steel reeds.
The PowerBender tuning builds on the best parts of the traditional Richter Tuning, while altering the scale to make the real juicy and important notes much easier to obtain throughout the whole three octave range.
- Same familiar breathing pattern in the upper-middle registers. All draw notes bend everywhere, holes 1-10!
- On the un-valved version you can overblow every hole 1-10, for full chromatic playing.
- Overdraws and blow bends are no longer possible or needed on a PowerBender - they are replaced with simple draw bends.
- On the half-valved version, a mix of normal draw bends and valved blow bends gives full chromaticism. Brendan plays PowerBender half-valved, and recommends it!
- Top octave easy to play (intuitive) as many familiar phrasings can be adopted from the bottom octaves
- Easy to play in the common positions: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 11th, and 12th
If you interested in playing in many different musical styles on a diatonic, the PowerBender is a good choice for you!
I hoped it was a magic wand.... but it looks like I'll still have to improve my skill. Nevertheless, it's a wonderfully well-made and well-tuned harmonica. I'm excited about getting it.