Hohner Harp Blaster HB52 microphone
Hohner microphone for harmonica
Harp Blaster HB 52
Cable Not included
The Harp Blaster HB52 is a serious modern microphone using highest quality components. Handcrafted completely out of metal, it boasts a thick die cast body with zinc alloy parts and chrome detailing. Not only will it withstand the uniquely brutal conditions a harp mic can face on a nightly basis; it will do so while enabling vastly superior tone in comparison to other harmonica microphones.
The mic features a volume control utilizing a Bourns® potentiometer and a diamond-pattern knurled chrome knob, making it slip-proof and reliable. If you’d prefer not to have a volume control, it can be disabled internally.
We opted to use an XLR jack, as opposed to an attached cable, a 1/4” jack or a screw-on connector, to avoid a common Achilles’ heel among harmonica microphones. An attached cable can easily suffer a broken solder joint, transforming the mic into a paperweight until it can be repaired. An XLR jack provides better connectivity, that won’t become noisy or fussy over time like a screw-on connector or 1/4” jack, and its internal locking mechanism adds extra signal security – in case the cable gets tugged, snagged, or stepped on. However, the locking mechanism of the HB52’s XLR socket is also easily disabled, if that’s your preference.
As mentioned earlier, this microphone is not delicate. In the throes of performing, you can drop it, kick it, and/or drive nails with it. It is built to be a roadworthy tool. Just do us a favor and don’t submerge it in boiling water, or anything similarly ridiculous. Barring that, it should last a lifetime!
Compact size. Big sound. Easy to use.
- perfectly sized for easy cupping and handling
- designed as a seamless extension of the artist’s emotive output to achieve maximum sonority and musical expression
- highly reactive capsule to capture dynamic playing and hand articulation
- flat and sleek grille facilitates tight enclosure of your harmonica
Vintage sound paired with modern precision
- modeled after the sound of legendary vintage harp microphones
- developed with leading harmonica players to meet the most demanding requirements
- state-of-the-art manufacturing for unparalleled consistency
- high-quality components and rugged metal parts for maximum durability
The heart of the Harp Blaster: the capsule
- combining sE’s experience in dynamic capsules and acoustic design with HOHNER’s competence in harmonicas for more than 160 years
- the highly reactive capsule responds directly to your hand articulation and your musical expression
- high output level and high impedance will drive your amp properly without the need for any impedance converters, boost pedals or stomp boxes
- proven Neodymium magnets, tight production tolerances and finest workmanship ensure excellent sensitivity, high-end sound quality and superb consistency
- unlike ceramics / piezo-electric transducers, the dynamic capsule is not sensitive to being dropped onto hard surfaces, withstands harsh environmental conditions and will remain consistent in sound for years to come
Boutique features meet state-of-the-art manufacturing
- hand-crafted at sE’s very own factory with highest attention to detail
- exclusive hammer painting for a great look and maximum durability
- polished and chromatized grille lets you shine on stage for years
- quality Bourns® potentiometer for precise volume adjustment
- If you’d prefer not to have a volume control, it can be disabled internally
- chromatized, diamond-pattern knurled volume knob for slip-proof and reliable control
- robust gold-plated XLR connector for reliable, loss free signal flow
All-metal housing – no fragile plastic parts
- highly durable die-cast zinc alloy designed to withstand years of use on stage
- road-ready, dent-proof and corrosion-free material and finishing for perfect reliability
- all-metal chassis construction built to the highest standards, without any plastic parts
- this microphone is not delicate. In the throes of performing, you can drop it, kick it, and/or drive nails with it.
Gold-plated XLR connector
- Unlike attached cables, the cable can be replaced quickly and easily with an off-the-shelf cable
- In contrast to an 1/4” jack or a screw-on connector, the reliable and proven XLR jack is far more robust, provides better connectivity and won’t become noisy or fussy over time
- its internal locking mechanism adds extra signal security – in case the cable gets tugged, snagged, or stepped on
- if preferred, the locking mechanism of the XLR connector can be disabled
- gold-plated contacts ensure a loss-free and reliable signal connection for years to come
HOHNER / sE Logo sticker
User manual with warranty card
Capsule Type: Dynamic
Voice coil: Copper
Frequency range: 22 Hz - 16,000 kHz
Sensitivity: 17.8 mV/Pa (-35 dBV)
Electrical Impedance: 45 kOhms
Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
Diameter: 50mm (1.97 in)
Length: 78mm (3.07 in)
Weight: 205 g (7.23 oz.)
You can use a standard (Pin 2 Hot) XLR F to 1/4" M cable
or a XLR F to XLR M cable with a XLR F to 1/4" M adapter.
As a UK customer I had to pay import charges, the order arrived in a timely manner well packed, product as described